Tuesday 12 September 2017

Where We're At...

Hello! It feels like forever since I posted anything here; it's been well over a month since Where the Moonlight Dances was shared here, and I've been somewhat radio-silent ever since.

Well, I think you deserve an update. I've now finished my course, and am no-longer a student. as I've eluded to in a few other posts, this last year has been extremely tough on me: I've had various health problems that have sometimes made the going extremely tough. There have been points where I've wanted nothing more than to simply throw in the towel and give up, when finishing seemed impossible and utterly pointless. But I've been blessed with the most incredible and wonderful group of friends over the last year, and I owe more than I could possibly ever give to these wonderful people who've stood around me through everything. I've truly never had such a wonderful group of friends in my life, and I love each and every one of you.

I'd also like to thank you, the reader, for sticking with my work over the last twelve months. It'd been disjointed, varied, and inconsistent, but knowing people wait for my posts on Sundays has genuinely made the world a bit of a brighter place for me. When I started this blog last year, I had no idea so many people from all over the world would be interested in my work.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been asked by several people when the next TFE installment will be. I'm sorry to say that, once again, I don't know. I'm in the middle of searching for jobs and trying to readjust to life away from university, so the amount of time I can dedicate to writing is, much to my dismay, quite small. There are cogs turning, though: I'm currently working on part three of the long stories set in Esdaria, and suspect this is where my focus shall be for the next few months. I have a few shorter stories currently in the works which I no-doubt shall return to should the creative pot begin to run dry - so I hope to do at least one more short(ish) story before this year is out.

I've also had a few questions about the promised Jaedor and Derryk follow-up. For those of you who have not read it, Of Fire and Shadow remains my most popular short(ish) story to date, and I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone. I completed a follow-up to it several months ago now - another story which I think does terrific justice to everything that took place in the original. Unfortunately, however, I'm still searching for an appropriate platform to share the finished follow-up on as it is far too large to be put on this blog in its current state. I've had self-publication suggested to me, but I'm trying to steer away from this option. I'm loathe to self-publish, as I feel it discredits me as a writer and gives people no real reason to read my work. Essentially, I believe that self-publication lacks the legitimacy bestowed upon a writer and their work by traditional publication. As a result, the search for a platform for Jaedor and Derryk pt. II continues...

So that's how things currently are. Again, I thank you all for you for your patience and for sticking with Esdaria through everything. You're fantastic, and I'm so grateful to be sharing this journey through this fantasy world with you. And, for those of you who are interested, here's a photo of my thesis in its finished state.

No comments:

Post a Comment