Sunday 30 October 2016

Across the Narrow Sea

So, having promised that the first part of the next short(ish) story would be released today, the last thing anyone was probably expecting to see was this. To get it out of the way, part one of Steel and Silver will not be released until November the 13th.

Firstly, I'd like to reassure everyone that Steel and Silver is ready. All the relevant posts have been formatted, proof-read (I now have not one but two proof readers - talk about moving up in the world!), and triple-checked. The reason that I've decided not to release it this weekend, however, is because of some unforeseen - yet exciting! - personal circumstances that have arisen. I've been given the opportunity to go to Denmark with my university next weekend to visit the Denmark National Museum with all its archaeological wonders, the viking kings' burial ground at Jelling, and the Roskilde Viking Ship Museum. 

As I'm sure you can understand, for an archaeologically-inclined pseudo-viking doing a masters degree in medieval history, this trip was too good an opportunity to pass up.

The 'too long; didn't read' version of this is as follows: because I'm not here to post anything next weekend, I don't see the point in releasing part one of Steel and Silver this week just to have to leave it two weeks before sharing part two.What I would suggest, however, is that everyone reads up on their Watcher of the West before then. There really isn't a bigger clue I can give as to whom the returning character is than that.

So that's me signing off until November the 13th. Thank you for your time and understanding, and I promise you that Steel and Silver will be well worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment