Friday 22 July 2016

Late July Update

Does the 22nd count as 'late' or is it 'late-mid'? Ah, whatever. I won't dodge around it, this is an administrative one, I'm afraid.

To begin with then, there shall be no posts on this blog until at the very least Sunday 31st July. As it is currently, I can foresee posting becoming more and more broken and fragmented if I try and continue at the current rate I am going at of two or three posts a week. When I return, sometime in August most probably, posting shall, unfortunately, be down to an absolute maximum of once a week. You folks seem to like posts on a Sunday during the mid-to-late afternoon the best (and we're back to the mid-late debate), so I'll aim to have one post a week shared every Sunday for the foreseeable future. I wish I could give more structure to posting, but as it stands I'm currently unable to.
There are a few reasons for this I wish to divulge; as a reader, you deserve to know what's going on. Firstly, and rather predictably, is the extended writing. The only chance I ever really get to properly sit down and focus on my longer creative work is during the summer when I have a little free time to really focus on it. The aptly named 'Story I' is currently a second draft and is awaiting another reread. Its sequel, named - you guessed is - 'Story II', is still being written and is currently around seventy-percent completed. Ideally, I'd like to divert as much of the time I can into these two whilst I have a few days available and, at the very least, get a first draft of 'Story II' written.

The second reason for the slow-up is prior engagements. I'll be away at a music festival in a couple of weeks, which will take up a fair few days for travel and so-on. I've also been lucky enough to be accepted onto an archaeology course next week, so will not be around to produce and release posts - which brings me onto the third point: the posts themselves.

Because I've been devoting hours a day into getting chapters written for the aptly-named 'Story II', I haven't been able to produce short stories and Lore at quite the rate which I was. I have a couple on the go, as well as a number of other cogs and wheels turning, but those things won't be ready at the same rate as they have been in the past. For this I apologise.

That said, I currently have three short(ish) stories on the go, as well as plans for something slightly larger - but more on that another time. The first will be ready to share in August, and the others will be staggered after that, probably seeing us through to the end of the year. As ever, these shall be broken up every now and then with various Lore posts and my general prattlings, though I'll try and keep the latter of these two things to a minimum in order to provide as much entertainment as I possibly can to you. Until then, Watcher of the West is available here, Blood and Gold is available here, and Of Fire and Shadow is available here.

That's all for now, and I wish you all the best over the next week or so. 

As ever, thanks for reading

Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment